Frequently asked questions
Below you will find some of the most commonly asked questions in regards to my services. If you are looking for information that is not listed then please do not hesitate to contact me.
WHEN SHOULD I BOOK? ▾
- Many brides like to be organised and know they have secured the Hairstylist or Make Up artist of their choice. For this reason, I book up to 2 years in advance. There may be last minute slots available so please do not hesitate to contact me and ask if you would like me to check an upcoming date for you. A booking is not confirmed without receipt of a completed booking form and cleared deposit payment. You don’t need to know what style you want in order to book your wedding date. I operate on a first come first served basis and I only work with one bridal party per day.
HOW DO I BOOK? ▾
- If you are interested in booking services from Pretty Please By Katie then please send me your details. There is a number of ways to do this. You can call me on07540 444 327, contact me through my contact page, email me at email@example.com or find me on Facebook www.facebook.com/prettypleasebykatie. Please include your name, bridal party numbers, the services you require, your wedding date and your location/venue. Once I have this information I am able to create a personalised quote for you and check that your date is available. Please allow at least 24 hours for a response to all enquiries, I will do my best to get back to everyone within 48 hours where possible.
Will you come to me on the wedding day? ▾
- Yes. I bring the salon to you on the morning of your wedding. I can travel to your wedding venue or location of choice. I include the first 10 miles of travel at no charge and beyond this, I apply Standard travel costs of 45p per mile. This will be clearly stated in your personalised quote.
How much does wedding day hair and make up cost? ▾
- You will find my prices listed on this website. My prices are clear and fixed and do not change depending on the length of your hair, the amount of makeup I apply or the style you choose. If you would like a price for something not specified or listed, or you would like me to create a personalised quote for you please do not hesitate to contact me
HOW DO I PAY? ▾
- A 25% non-refundable deposit payment secures your wedding booking and holds your date. This payment can be made by BACS and you must use your initials and wedding date as reference. Details on payment methods can be found in the Terms and Conditions which can be emailed to you on request. Please note your booking is not confirmed without a deposit payment. Please do not make payment before confirming that your date is available and that I am able to accommodate your booking.
DO I NEED A TRIAL? ▾
- A trial gives you the opportunity to meet me in person and to discuss what you do and don’t like for your big day. While it is not a necessity, many brides prefer to have a trial so they are comfortable and confident about their bridal look before the wedding day.
WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU USE? ▾
- I use a variety of professional products and my kit contains a varied collection for use on different skin and hair types. Products are not ‘one size fits all’ and we will discuss in detail your hair/skin type etc at the consultation stage.
WHAT IF IM NOT SURE WHAT I WANT? ▾
- Many people aren’t! It’s a good idea to have some pictures collected of styles and looks that you like so we can start by discussing these. Your particular ‘look’ will be totally unique to you and will depend on your colouring, face shape, hair type, skin type etc. If you’re still unsure I am able to create a look for you based on the consultation we will have prior to beginning any hair/make up services and this is usually a very good starting point!
How long before the wedding should I have a preview session? ▾
- I advise brides to have a preview session on average about four weeks before the wedding. It is possible to do it much earlier, or even closer to the wedding date if you prefer. I am available for limited evening and weekend appointments although these do get booked up in advance.
WILL YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIME? ▾
- With personal experience of hundreds of weddings, I am more than comfortable with working to the necessary time restraints on a wedding morning. Generally, we will discuss this at your preview session in order for me to ensure that I am happy that I have enough time to perform the services I have been booked to carry out. Dependent on the number in your bridal party I may decide to bring an assistant with me. This is at no extra cost to you and will only happen if I feel that it will help make the morning of your wedding run more smoothly for everyone. When this situation arises then I will personally select and arrange for this person to be in attendance. There is no guarantee that an additional assistant will be in attendance unless specifically specified by myself. Assistants can be hired at your own request (where I do not feel it is necessary) for a minimum charge of £150. This must be pre-arranged with me and the cost for this will be added to your final balance.
HOW MUCH DOES A PREVIEW SESSION COST? ▾
- A full hair and makeup preview session costs £125. This price is per person. Not every member of your bridal party needs to attend this session and it is not a requirement for everyone in the booking to have a preview session.
HOW LONG WILL MY PREVIEW SESSION LAST? ▾
- A hair and makeup preview session will include a full consultation and last approximately 2 ½ hours. This gives us plenty of time to work together to achieve your desired bridal look. Please allow a little extra time where possible, in case we do take a little longer than anticipated. It is a good idea when possible to bring another member of your party along in order to give their advice opinion too – a bridesmaid/friend/mum is more than welcome!
WHEN CAN I HAVE MY PREVIEW SESSION? ▾
- Preview sessions are held at my home (ME13). They can be arranged by prior agreement on location but only when requested and agreed by myself. While I will do my best to accommodate, there is no guarantee that this session can be held elsewhere. Preview sessions are available Monday – Friday 10 am. Wednesdays and Thursdays 6 pm and Sat 3:30 pm. Weekend and evening availability is limited and not guaranteed.
SEND ME SOME ❤
👰 Award Winning Wedding Hair
💄 Airbrush Makeup
🥂Stylists head to @bykatiebridaleducation
👇Request a brochure or book now
Are you interested in training to become a bridal stylist?
then take a look here...