Selecting the Ideal Wedding Makeup: Bridal Dilemmas
5 Things a Bide to be Should Consider When Choosing Her Perfect Wedding Makeup Look
Choosing the perfect wedding makeup look can be a daunting task for any bride-to-be. Here are five things that should be considered when making a decision about perfect wedding makeup look:
- Skin type and complexion: To achieve a flawless and natural look, it is important to choose makeup that complements the bride’s skin type and complexion. Sounds simple right? But it’s so important and one of the big reasons that a Bride chooses to book a professional makeup artist for their wedding morning. A professional makeup artist can help determine the best products and shades to use, dependant on the outcome that you want to achieve. They might suggest a certain type of foundation, or you might even want to try something like airbrush makeup for your wedding day.
- The wedding theme and setting: The makeup should reflect the overall style and theme of the wedding. For example, a beach wedding may call for a more natural and light look, while a formal evening wedding may require a more dramatic and bold approach. Think about what you think ‘fits’ with the wedding that you’re creating.
- The bride’s personal style: It is important for the bride to feel comfortable and confident on her wedding day, so the makeup should reflect her personal style. Whether she prefers a natural or a dramatic look, the makeup should enhance her features and make her feel beautiful. You don’t have to look different and you certainly don’t have to wear something that you wouldn’t usually, or are not too sure about just because its a ‘wedding’. You want to look and feel like the very best version of you, whatever that might be for you.
- Longevity: The makeup should be able to last throughout the entire day and night, so it is important to use high-quality, long-lasting products. This is another reason to choose a professional. All of the items in my bridal make up kit are there because they are tried an tested, I know they work and I know they will last for your entire wedding day.
- Photography: The bride will be photographed extensively on her wedding day, so it is important to choose makeup that looks great both in person and on camera. A professional makeup artist can help create a look that will photograph beautifully and still look just as beautiful in person. Just because you will be photographed you don’t need to wear ‘more’ makeup, you simply need to wear the right makeup.
Your Wedding, Your Rules: Prioritizing Your Desires
One last thing to consider is what you actually want. What do you like to look like, and what would you like to look like on your wedding day. Reagrdless of anything or anyone else make sure you stay true to what you want. If you want something different then go for it, if you don’t want to wear lipstick, then don’t. Your wedding, your rules!