Wedding Makeup Prep: Moisturize for Radiant Skin
As a Bride to be you might be starting to consider what type of hair and makeup look you want to create on your wedding day. Regardless of style choice there are a few things that I advise all my brides to be doing, to help get their skin in the best possible condition ready for their wedding makeup prep.
The Importance of Skin Preparation for Bridal Makeup
It’s no secret that the key to good makeup, is good skin. If there is a good base for the products then your make up will undoubtedly look even better. Skin that is well looked after will work with your makeup, rather than against it. There are a few key things that your bridal makeup artist might suggest to you depending on your own skin type but one of the most important ones is always to ensure your skin is moisturised.
Key Considerations for Effective Moisturizing
Now some people, especially those with oily skin, tend to skip this step thinking that they don’t need it but unfortunately that’s simply not the case. Oily skin often over produces the oils your skin is lacking which is why a good skincare routine is really important, especially in the run up to your wedding day.
Hydration, Radiance, and Smooth Skin: The Benefits of Moisturizing
Here are three important points to consider when it comes to moisturising :
- Hydration is key. By moisturising your skin, you can help to keep it hydrated, which can help to prevent dryness, flakiness, and other skin problems. This is especially important if you have naturally dry skin.
- A healthy glow. Moisturising can help to give you a healthy, radiant glow. This is because moisturisers can help to boost circulation and improve skin tone, which can make your complexion look brighter and more even.
- Smooth skin. By moisturising regularly, you can help to keep your skin soft and smooth. This can be especially important if you plan to wear a sleeveless or backless dress, as dry, rough skin can be noticeable, uncomfortable and distracting.
Incorporating Moisturizing into Your Daily Skincare Routine
A few basic ways to incorporate this into your daily routine might look something like this:
- Drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated from the inside out.
- Using a gentle, moisturising cleanser to wash your face each day.
- Be sure to remove any makeup properly before bed.
- Apply a moisturiser with SPF each morning and a rich night cream before bed.
Consulting a Specialist for Your Wedding-Ready Skin
If you’re still not sure exactly how to get your skin looking it’s best for your big day then this is something we can certainly discuss at your preview session. If you have any concerns about your skin then make an appointment to see a skin specialist or dermatologist who will be able to look at things in much more detail and help you create a skin care routine and plan to get your skin wedding ready!